Kata Churen / Nakamine (Shorinryu)
1. Feet together in Musubi dachi, hands at sides, Rei. Announce kata.
2.Raise palms upward, together in overlapped position in front of lower face.
3. Lower palms to downward position, crossing and overlapped while bending over at the waist.
4. Rotating heels outward, then toes, then heels, then toes, open stance to Kiba Dachi while erecting body. Hands rise to fists in front of each thigh.
5. Left hand reaches up to left chest to take hold of opponent's right lapel grab. Hold opponent's hand while performing a lunge 90° into left Zenkutsu Dachi to left, right arm simultaneously performs Ude Uke against opponents elbow: total effect is the throwing of opponent to the ground to your left. Hidari Seiken Tsuki, Migi Seiken Tsuki.
6. From same Hidari Zenkutsu Dachi to left, reach up with right hand to front of kata line and catch fist of opponent. Follow by right Yoko Geri into abdomen.
7. Place right foot into Migi Seisan Dachi on kata line, perform Migi Hooking Kamae.
8. Advance into Hidari Seisan Dachi, perform Hidari Hooking Kamae.
9. Look to right of kata line, left fist guards Wa, right fist goes down to Gedan Barai against kick as you draw Migi foot into crane stance.
10 Migi Yoko Geri to blocked opponent on right. As kick leg returns to floor…
11 Turn left of kata line into Hidari Seisan Dachi with Hidari Gedan Barai.
12 Perform Shorinryu Seikan Tsuki (ippon yubi) followed by Migi Mae Geri.
13 Rotate back to kata line in Migi Seisan with Migi Hooking Kamae.
14 Step backward into Hidari Seisan with Hidari Hooking Kamae. Migi Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi), Migi Mae Geri. As kick leg returns to floor, turn 180° to rear of kata line into Hidari Seisan, palms circle down to chamber at the hip bones.
15 Hidari Age Palm Uke, Migi Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi) while bringing right foot behind left into Hidari Chinto Dachi.
16 Migi Mae Geri to rear of kata line, as foot returns to floor, pivot on rt foot 180° into Hidari Seisan, facing front of kata line with Hidari Hooking Kamae.
17 Advance to Migi Seisan with Migi Hooking Kamae.
18 Stepping left into Hidari Zenkutsu Dachi but facing forward, perform Migi Gedan Palm Block to kick or low punch of opponent with Hidari Jodan Shoto Uke, followed by Migi Age Tsuki (ippon yubi).
19 Turning to left of kata line in Hidari Seisan, holding left hand in Jodan position, Migi Mae Geri. Without putting foot down, do Migi Ushiro Geri to immediate rear (which is actually the right of the kata line).
20 As foot returns from back kick, pivot 90° right into front facing Migi Seisan Dachi with Migi Hooking Kamae Uke.
21 Advance into 45° left facing Hidari Zenkutsu Dachi with Hidari Palm Ude Uke.
22 In this squat position, perform Migi Mawashi Geri.
23 As right foot returns, swing it to 90° Migi Seisan Dachi (right facing of kata line) with Migi Hooking Kamae.
24 Advance forward into Hidari Seisan Dachi, Migi Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi), Hidari Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi).
25 Migi Mae Geri.
26 As kicking foot returns to floor, pivot on right foot 180° into Hidari Seisan Dachi with Hidari Hooking Kamae.
27 Advance forward (left side of kata line) into Migi Seisan Dachi, Hidari Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi), Migi Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi).
28 Hidari Mae Geri.
29 As kicking foot returns to floor, pivot on left foot 90° to right into Migi Seisan Dachi with Migi Hooking Kamae. (Now front facing on kata line)
30 Advance on kata line into Hidari Seisan Dachi with Hidari Hooking Kamae.
31 Immediately perform Yoko Mae Geri to opponent to right of kata line.
32 As right foot returns to floor, sweep it up into Migi Crescent Geri, then turn it over and do a Migi Yoko Geri to front of kata line.
33 As right foot returns to original position, take two steps backward into Migi Neko Ashi Dachi while performing Migi Ippon Seioinage, dropping opponent 90° in front of you on the kata line.
34 Step forward into Hidari Zenkutsu Dachi, bringing right knee to deck, perform Hidari Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi), then Migi Seiken Tsuki (ippon yubi).
35 Springing from the deck backward, withdraw left foot, come into Musubi dachi.
36 Raise palms overlapping in front of the face, rotate downward into overlapping palms while bending at waist. Erect.
37 Bring palms to side, Rei. (End of kata).